Saturday, October 9, 2010

Introduction:

The need for an etymological dictionary of Arabic language is so evident that I prefer to shorten my introductory explanations and present the main work of my suggested Etymological Dictionary of Arabic Language (EDAL).

However, according to my knowledge, as this is the first systematical attempt to provide an etymological dictionary for Arabic language, and because of absence of the previous counterparts, it needs a long and detailed introduction and guide for readers and users.

For this reasons, I prefer to present the main introduction and also the history (of the main and also partial) changes in the format of the dictionary, in another independent article. The abbreviations and the references have been given in the end of the main body of the article. The major aims of publishing these selected enteries of the original EDAL, were as follow:

a) This is a merely suggested format of an Arabic etymological dictionary, which is easily exposed to be changed and improved. It is noteworthy that, the final format that I'm now working hard on it is far different from the presented format below.

b) So, I will be so glad to have the suggestions, opinions, and critics about (all aspects and parts of) this work.

No comments:

Post a Comment